- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
- Aug. 24, 2016 tornadoes
- Rob Burgess - NUVO - Article List
Friday, February 12, 2010
Movie Review: "Zombieland"
"Zombieland" is a zombie triumph. It really is something spectacular. It takes everything I like about zombie apocalypse movies (zoombies, a paired off, gender matched group and comedy) and condenses into one joyous celebration. Not unlike "Inside the Actor's Studio" host James Lipton's timeless classic group name reference book "An Exaltation of Larks", this is an exaltation of zombies.
Also, not unlike "Big Fan", a lot of the best last, half of this film is better left to each viewer to discover. Spoiling the ending would only cheapen the experience. I implore you to know as little as possible about "Zombieland" prior to viewing. I see no advantage in any superfluous plot knowledge.
What I can tell you is:
a) It rocks.
b) It is about each of us slaying our own personal zombies that attack us every day, metaphorically speaking.
P.S. - There is a celebrity cameo that you should not find out, but just trust that it is awesome.