[Editor's Note: This challenge was posed by my friend and former coworker Monica on Facebook a few days ago with the following instructions: "Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen movies you've seen that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes." This was possibly the hardest thing I've ever had to do and (without meaning to) took a bit longer than 15 minutes to whittle down to the list below.]
15. Election (1999)
14. Pulp Fiction (1994)
13. High Fidelity (2000)
Also, the main character's name is Rob. So you do the math.
12. Clerks. (1994)
Kevin Smith made Cop Out or insulted me via social networking Clerks. was one of my favorite movies. I loved it so much that when Ash and I drove to New Jersey during our trip to New York City the most exciting part of the journey for me was our stop at the actual Quick Stop where it had been filmed:
When I first saw it I hadn't seen anything else like it before. It influenced my sense of humor for years to come. If nothing else, Clerks. taught me that being witty didn't necessarily mean steering away from less genteel topics.
11. Starship Troopers (1997)
"Hey, all I know is you shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs!"
10. Swingers (1996)
9. Donnie Darko (2001)
8. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
7. The Rules of Attraction (2002)
6. Boogie Nights (1997)
5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
4. Casino (1995)
3. The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)
2. Waking Life (2001)
1. The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Editorial Board Member
- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- NUVO Newsweekly - Article List
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key