claims credit for this mashup of Nelly's Country Grammar and Lynyrd Skynryd's Sweet Home Alabama, claims to be unimpressed by his stylings. Same goes for my friend Zack, whose opinion I trust in these matters as he introduced me to the wonders of Ludachrist just for starters.
Myself, I can hardly contain my excitement that today saw the release of his latest mix, All Day.
From open seconds of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" transposed over Ludacris' "Move" I was hooked. Anyone who has encountered Gillis' previous work on Night Ripper and Feed the Animals will know how they feel about his rapid-fire style and this is just more of the same. I couldn't stop laughing when I first heard "Ice Cream Paint Job" over "Strawberry Letter #23" and that's what I love about Girl Talk. The first few times through the most fun is guessing what will come next. After that the question becomes how he thought to pair the two at all.
- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
- Aug. 24, 2016 tornadoes
- Rob Burgess - NUVO - Article List