- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- NUVO Newsweekly - Article List
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Top 10 Podcasts: #6 The Savage Love Podcast
[Editor's Note: The following is the latest in a series covering my top 10 podcasts and my favorite episodes from each. Here's what we know so far:
#6 - Savage Love Podcast
#7 - Freakonomics Radio
#8 - The Moth Podcast
#9 - The Ricky Gervais Podcast
#10 - Fresh Air with Terry Gross]
When I think of listening to the Savage Love Podcast I think of long, happy car trips with my wife through the winding roadways of Northern California, and now, the straighter, flatter roads of Central Indiana. That's because this podcast is one of the very few podcast experiences I don't keep to myself. The shared experience of hearing frank, funny and informed sex-positive relationship advice has become part of the connective tissue of our relationship. Even when host and column author of the same name Dan Savage is ripping into someone for the horrendous life choice they've made or are about to make, it's all under the pretense of love and getting the most of life.
Savage's advice show format is heart-breakingly hilarious most of time but the show also turns to politics (as it did on Episode 109 after the passage of Proposition 8 in California and in September of 2010 when the gay suicide epidemic inspired him to form the It Gets Better Project.)
Otherwise, as long as you're not squeamish about anything sexual, pretty much every episode is great.