- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- NUVO Newsweekly - Article List
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Picture of the Day: At the fireworks store; pre-July 4th
The fireworks store near my apartment sell dreams for cash.
The advertising contained on and around the packaging is astonishing. Pop culture references are traded back and forth (all stop just short of outright copyright infringement.) Bright colors are everywhere. Adjectives and hyperbole are the order of the day.
The promise is simple: light, sound and smoke.
The explosive pictured above was the largest item I saw for sale in the store. The wick looked real. I have no idea what happens if you light it.
I imagine it's loud.