- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
- Aug. 24, 2016 tornadoes
- Rob Burgess - NUVO - Article List
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Picture of the Day: Canadian Geese in Indiana
Like the majority of the rest of eastern half of continental United States, Indiana is home to seasonal and year-round water foul. I guess I always knew this growing up here, but it took leaving Indiana for three years to live in Northern California and come back again to really understand how close large wild bird populations come to humans here. Our apartment complex is within walking distance of no less than half a dozen wetlands.
Immediately after this picture was taken the bird pictured made a hasty retreat. I posit that the only reason it stayed so long was that it was trying to finish whatever possibly breaded item it was snacking upon.