- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
- Aug. 24, 2016 tornadoes
- Rob Burgess - NUVO - Article List
Monday, July 11, 2011
Picture of the Day: PetSmart Horses
I dropped Ash off at Barnes & Noble and headed to PetsMart a few doors down to buy Spike's dog food. I barely made it there before calling Ash and telling her to walk down and meet me.
The above scene was what played out before me.
Two horses and the pair of women riding them had started outside and then, without warning, directed themselves inside. Horses in big box store are generally reserved for fever dreams I've had when my temperature has topped 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I had honestly never imagined this in my waking life.
I still have no firm answer as to why they were there. They were later seen ambling down the grass beside the highway.