- Kokomo Tribune - Article List
- Speeches, appearances, etc.
- Judging history
- "One Year Later"
- WFHB - Daily Local News Stories
- Subscribe to This Burgess
- Ukiah Daily Journal - House of Burgess blog archive
- Anderton Leaf Photography
- The Rob Burgess Show
- Society of Professional Journalists - Member
- Kokomo Tribune Website Awards
- PGP key
- Kokomo Tribune - City Editor/Editorial Board Member/Opinion Page Editor
- Indiana Lawyer - Managing Editor
- Aug. 24, 2016 tornadoes
- Rob Burgess - NUVO - Article List
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Song Review: Beenie Man - "Who Am I (Sim Simma)" (1997)
I had the beat to this song (which I found out is actually called "Playground Riddim") stuck in my head for the last few days. I couldn't place it but the staccato notes at the end of the phrase kept looping over and over in my brain. I knew I had heard it many a time. I just couldn't figure out what it was.
I first heard this song at least ten years ago when my friend Tony made me a mix CD with this on it. This song never made it to where I grew up in Mitchell, Ind. and it had to be smuggled in to reach my consciousness. Not unlike a lot of other things I've grown to love.
Such is life.
The funny part is that now that I know what song it is I realize I still don't understand 90 percent of the lyrics. Whatever. I get the feeling of the song. It doesn't take complicated stanzas to get the basic idea across.
SOMEONE has the keys to his truck and he wants answers!